Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Morgan Burcham-Hollywood and Bollywood Comparison

Today I am going to present on the marketing differences between Bollywood and Hollywood. They have a lot of things in common, but they also have many similarities that I will explore further in the presentation.

One of the largest differences I have found in my research is how Bollywood is about 10-20 years behind of whatever the technology is.

During my presentation I will look at one film in particular that has joined the two, Hollywood and Bollywood, to create a mega moneymaker.

Everything that is happening in the world today in films is catching on so quickly and Hollywood is maybe losing a little bit of their personal touch. While Bollywood is keeping theirs intact.


Response:

I feel like the class agreed with me in the fact that Bollywood has a direction to go and Hollywood has already reached their peak. This topic is something I consider very interesting. Combining these two things can create a wonderful product. An example of a combination of these two products is Slumdog Millionaire.

Bollywood affects Hollywood with their style of films. An example of this is the film Moulin Rouge this film was said to have based this off of the Bollywood style.

Hollywood has affected Bollywood by the product advertisements in films and by taking american films over to Middle eastern countries and creating jobs and a new industry.

No comments: