Monday, November 13, 2017

Android's War Against Society's Preference: What social/economic forces shape communication infrastructure?


What social/economic forces shape communication infrastructure?

In my case study, I wanted to look at the now well-known divide between Android products and the ever-so popular Apple platform. In my research I was able to look at how the opinions are driven on which product has the best camera, or the newest feature update and so on. It was interesting to look back and see the progress of cell phones since they have been available to the public, and even the major changes that have taken place in my lifetime. The ongoing battle of who is in charge of the industry has a lot to do with the community that has supported the two for years. Apple has what feels like a massive lead here in the United States because it was a trend that stuck with people over time, but overall Android OS (Operating Systems) are massively popular since there is much more accessibility through that OS compared to Apple's iOS. To me there is no way that I can say one type of phone is superior over the other since I have never had an Android, but from the resources I found and feedback that I got, there are plenty of Android users that have stuck to what they find comfortable and what they want to stay loyal to. The fact that this industry is even relevant is a huge factor in the question of the week. Everyone can have an opinion on this topic. Even if they don't have the proper means to call one out over the other, they can still give their opinion on the device they have.

No comments: